Back in Time Stretch

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Goodbye, Underclassmen!

So now that school has been out for officially a week, I have something to say.

I am no longer an underdog.

I am a junior now!

YYYYEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!

Aaaallllrrrriiiigggghhhhtttt!!!!

No more teachers rolling their eyes at our immaturity.

No more upper classmen scoffing at us in the halls.

We make the rules now.

Tremble with fear, freshies. Rachel's a junior now.


Haha I am totally kidding. I remember being a freshman two years ago, walking into the huge intimidating high school for the first time. I probably had a deer in the headlights look. Or at least had stars in my eyes. I admired every single junior and senior, with their aura of superiority and coolness. They were so awesome being so calm and collected, having a great time in the halls calling out to their homies, knowing where each of their classes were and walking around like they owned the building...

Then there was me. Skiddish me, who jumped at every offensive sound, ran away from any crowd, aloof me, not even knowing which wing held what classes. I would have my scehdule out and I would scrutinize the paper, brows furrowed, until I was 100% positive that that class was the one I was assigned...

Not anymore.

I am familiar with every hall, every wing, and every staircase in those buildings. I know which teachers to avoid and which ones to greet in the halls. I am pretty much determined to be the awesome junior that all of the underclassmen know and look up to and all of my fellow upperclassmen are friends with.

I know it's a large goal, but I can do it.

After all, I am a junior now.

No comments:

Post a Comment