Yesterday was Thanksgiving.
I am thankful.
Can I be thankful for it simply being Thanksgiving yesterday?
I hope so. Well, I am, so I'm just going to go with it here...
I am so thankful for my family. I wouldn't be me with out them. I am grateful for their patience and their listening ear. I imagine sometimes it must be irritating listening to me cause I say a lot of the same things or me being just...Rachel.
I am also grateful for my friends. Oh, my crazy awesome friends. I LOVE YOU!!! Thank you all for the laughs and the inside jokes and the belly aching fun that we have together. I wouldn't be as funny or as crazy or as happy without your friendship. I am so glad that you support me and help me see that I can do anything, really if I try.
I am grateful for the fantastic school I go to. I am thankful for my teachers for explaining why I don't understand a certain something. I'm also glad that they are fun and encourage me to push myself to the limit.
I am thankful for the gospel. I am thankful that I was brought up in it. I am grateful for the blessings that Heavenly Father graciously gives me. I am thankful that the gospel helps me figure out who I am and what I can do in this life.
This Thanksgiving, we woke up at about 8:15 and went to the practice football field to play football. For girls of course!! We met and were a tad confused at the beginning because we didn't know how we were going to split into teams. But Brother Sexton came along and split us into two teams. I was the last one picked, haha. Brother Sexton promises that it didn't mean anything that I was picked last. I believe him.
So flag football began! I wish that my dad had brought a camera so that he could have taken pictures for us. We were pretty intense. I mean, totally legit. Our coach was giving us plays and using football terms like hook and rush and a lot of other football terms that he had to further explain to me. I mostly blocked. I had one opportunity to get the ball and run with it but I ran too fast and I was supposed to be behind our quarterback and I was in fron of her. She was going to just hand it off to me and then I could sneakily run right next to her and the defenders would try to pull her flags. By the way, I think the flags are a poor design, they should be a little thicker for better grip. :D
I was able to stop a star on the other team by pulling her flags. Their quarterback faked a pass then handed it to the star behind her. I was on the opposite side of the field, so I sprinted over to her and screamed, " KATIE HAS THE BALL!!" Everyone was distracted from blocking, so I launched myself at her as she looked behind to see who was following her. I yanked her flags and screamed as the flags fell off of her waist.
Needless to say, I am doing flag football next year.
At 2:30 we had the Raineys over and ate a ton. I personally had two large servings of that delicious...green bean casserole...mmmmmm soo good.
At around 6 we went to the Giacalone's and had DESSERT!!! I had a full plate and I had to force myself to clear half of it. I felt bad that some of it had to go to waste, but hey. No one else had an inch left in their stomach for another cookie with Cool Whip on it. (By the way-DELICIOUS! I would eat it again if I had some whipped cream that wasn't frozen solid.)
I hope I gained some pounds. It will seem like I ate well. Which I definitely did.
Driving update: I drove to the Giacalone's and I believe I'm steadily progressing in the area of changing lanes :)
I love your personality and sweetness and humor Rach, and I'm so grateful to be your friend. :)
ReplyDelete